Monday, August 25, 2008

Why developing effective communication skills are important for me?

Human beings are highly socialized animals and we are interacting every second, so communication between each other is an essential part of our daily life, by which we exchange ideas and promote the progress of the society. Hence, I think that learning these skills is very important and useful for me.

On the one hand, interpersonal communication skills will be critical during my job in the future. A successful sales person is what I define myself in the future career. It is entirely possible that I will confront with all kinds of clients who can be extremely rigorous and strict. Under this circumstance, I need to convince them that my product or service can really meet their needs and help them succeed in the business, so excellent interpersonal communication skills can make me step out from competitors. Moreover, teamwork is essential in modern work relationship, so communication skills are playing the role of lube, bringing me better cooperation with my colleagues, generating team spirit and helping to create a more pleasant work environment by sharing information.

On the other hand, I also want to learn the skills of mastering communication networks. These networks generate potential benefits in daily campus life and especially later in the workplace. I am the kind of person that always has a big dream and look for more adventures. These communication networks bring me more information and provide me with more opportunities, being beneficial for my self-improvement. For example, once I had problems when I was organizing a event in the hall, I found my seniors who had rich experiences to give me useful advice on some details about timing and food supplement, etc. Or when I was participating a internship as a game host in the States, I usually asked colleagues tips about how to attract the guests to play my games.

As stated above, developing effective communication skills is crucial for me both in my future career and my campus life nowadays. I will devote a lot of energy to enhance my communication skills. It is never more than enough. (words: 346)

4 comments:

NangAye said...

“Human beings are highly socialized animals and we are interacting every second, so communication between each other is an essential part of our daily life, by which we exchange ideas and promote the progress of the society.”
I do agree with the above sentence. Yes, human beings are interacting every second. Even when we are asleep, we still communicate with people in the dream. From that we can see the essential of communication in our daily life.
The way you compare the interpersonal skills and communication networks in a person’s two hands is logical as they always go together
We all should put in best effort to enhance our communications as you do.

Joo Soon said...

Hi..

I also agree with what Nang has said. In fact I think communications begin almost since child birth. For example, when a baby cries to let his or her parents know that he or she are uncomfortable or hungry etc. It would also be a form of communications. Thus, communications begin way before we are actually able to speak and it is an essential part of our daily lives.

grace kim said...

Hi Hanbin, I'm glad you realise the importance of "mastering communication networks"! Not many students have touched on this aspect of communication skills. By the way, I think you mean "extending" rather than "mastering" your communication networks. Or do you mean learning to exploit your communication networks?

Regina Eei Yin said...

Yes, communication network is very important in our lives. It give us oppotunitiy, information, entertainment or even just accompaniment. For example, when we are organizing a project for a festival, we need our friends to spread the news so that more people can get to know our project and come to join us. And also like what you have mentioned, we always need help from seniors because they are more experienced thus can provide us with more information, can save time and energy. Another example is that when we are lonely or stressed up by our homework, we need our friends' accompaniment so that we will not feel that we are alone and being depressed. Communication network is utmost important in our workplace as well! In workplace, sometimes we need help from other department of the company, or even help from other companies. By having a wide communication network, we can get our job done more efficiently!