Sunday, October 19, 2008

Reflecting on the Research Project Experience

Being a third year science student, this is the first time that I am doing a group project in university. There are quite a number of positive learning experiences while doing the project. And I have a much deeper understanding of the word ‘teamwork’.

First, unlike other mathematics work I done before, this is group project. I cannot do things according to my own schedule. We are required to cooperate very well and everyone need do their parts on time in order to make the project progress and successful. I did not realize its important at the beginning. When we were doing the blog posting about the topics, I posted mine about one day later. Hence, my teammates had to postpone the discussion about the topics, and delayed the searching into the new topic. I feel very sorry, and since then, I manage to finish my part on time.

Second, having the understanding from the teammates makes me feel warm. I caught a very serious illness in the middle of the project and I had to be hospitalized. When I got out of the hospital, the project was almost towards the end, and my teammates have done the most of the works. I felt woeful and did not know how to talk to my teammates. But they did not blame me and asked about my illness. I feel so lucky to have group mates like these. I picked up the most work at the end, so I will not feel useless in this team.

I am glad that I am a part in this project and I really enjoy the experience that it brought to me.

1 comment:

grace kim said...

I'm glad you now have a beter understanding of the word "teamwork". Many a time we fail to realise that our actions or lack of it can have drastic consequences on others and hold back work or cause delays in the schedule.

Well, all the best as you work with your team for your oral presentation!