Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Final Reflection

Towards the end of this semester, all my modules have ended or going to the end. Take a glance back at what I have learned in ES2007s, I have developed a more effective communication skills and I also really appreciate the learning experiences throughout the course of ES2007s.

As what I have written in blog post one, I still think interpersonal communication skills and the skills of mastering communication networks are important to me. And I have learnt many ways to develop them, which I have never thought about. I realize that to have a good interpersonal relation, I need pay attention to a lot of details. I need know the person’s culture, and using correct verb cues and non-verb cues. Moreover, in different situation I should follow different rules, such as formal, informal and professional. Also I know that having communication goals and focus on audience will make things work more effective. What is more important, I have to express different feelings in various situations to show versatility, flair and affirmation.

Besides what I learnt above, I also have a profound understanding of the importance of communication in team throughout the process of doing report and oral presentation. A good communication really are playing the role of lube, bringing me better cooperation with my teammates, generating team spirit and helping to create a more pleasant work environment.

Overall, this course has enriched me with skills and tools, which I can practice nowadays and in the future, making me a good communicator.

1 comment:

grace kim said...

Hi Hanbin,

Thanks for your final post. You're right that having good interpersonal communication and communication within a team is very important because we are interacting with people all the time. It is thus extremely essential that we have the skills to communicate effectively with people of diverse cultures, personalities and ages.

I'm glad you and your team managed to work well towards the end.

All the best in your journey towards becoming a more effective communicator!